Stand here and think about something you are grateful for!
Recently, I updated the bulletin board at my office with the message “Stand here and think of something you are grateful for!” I casually left a pen hanging from a string and went on with life. After a couple of days, much to my delight, there were several messages left behind! A couple messages were from the staff, but most of them were from kids and their moms.
Here are some of my favorite ones:
- I am thank for my family and food.
- The people in my life.
- For daddy coming home from Afghanistan next week. (She actually spelled the country correctly!)
- I am grateful for my heart beat, mom, dad and Disney.
- I am grateful to be alive.
Over the past several weeks I’ve caught my staff staring with a smile at the bulletin board at the end of the day as they viewed new entries. We have all enjoyed reading them immensely. I couldn’t help but to include my own:
- I am grateful for the four-month old who rolled over for the first time during the Well Child visit, to the laughter and squeals of delight of his parents.
If you are reading this blog, I am grateful for YOU.
May we all find gratitude in everyday life.
Dr. de Freitas