Popular times for a Healthy Chats workshop are Friday evenings (5:30 to 8:00 pm) or Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
At times we can accommodate weekday afternoons especially in these times of ZOOM learning.
A sensitive, yet fun, discussion about
Puberty and Growing
up for Mothers & Daughters (ages 9-12)
Our Healthy Chats seminars are open to mothers, aunts, grandmothers, step-mothers, mentors, and the treasured girls in their lives. Healthy Chats enables you to take advantage of the physical changes of puberty as an opportunity to learn, share, and be proactive in every aspect of a girl’s life.
Each seminar group must have a minimum of 10 parent/child pairs (20 people)
Key Topics covered during the Healthy Chats Seminar:
- Puberty: Changes on the Inside, Changes on the Outside
- Physical Changes
- The Story of Birth: Where Babies Come From (the uterus) and How They Get Out (the birth canal)
- Emotional Changes
- Growing Up: Freedoms, Responsibilities and Fun
- Menstruation: Why? When? How?
- Demonstration of How to Use Feminine Hygiene Products
- All girls leave with a special “growing up bag” to make the event memorable.
We are excited and ready to meet you and your group for an educational and healthy chats. Bookings can be cancelled within 2 days of your scheduled seminar. A Healthy Chats staff member will contact you to confirm your proposed seminar date and schedule it accordingly. The fee is $60 per mother/daughter couple. $30 for additional sibling. Payments are collected at the time of the seminar, although pre-payment to the hostess ensures better attendance. The educator will travel to your home and you will be able to be in contact with her via e-mail.